We want an intern!
About The League of Young Voters, aka League of Pissed OFF Voters:
The League makes politics relevant, fun and meaningful to young people. We meet young people where they are, work on issues that affect their lives, and provide tools and training to make them viable players and winners in the political game. We're building permanent progressive youth-driven field and issue based campaigns that will build power to significantly impact local, state, and federal policy and elections nationwide.
· Street and campus outreach, including registering and mobilizing voters
· Assist in the coordination of voter mobilization/registration events throughout SF and SFSU campus
· Outreach and recruitment of volunteers
· Assist in coordinating volunteers for events
· Assist in Power Vote Campaign and organizing around November ballot initiatives in SF
· Assist in GOTV (get out the vote) activities leading up to Election Day
· Online organizing: update website, facebook, myspace, write emails, etc. (experience not necessary, training will be given)
· Basic knowledge of local politics and/or interest to learn
· Team player and good independent worker
· Resourceful and ability to multitask
· Quick learner
· Commitment to economic and social justice
· Experience working with diverse communities
***This is an unpaid internship that will provide great experience in organizing and San Francisco politics. Training and support of all your work will be given. Hours are very flexible, but must be available for at least 10 hours a week. If you cannot commit yourself to 10 hours a week for this internship, but would like to get involved in some way feel free to contact us (info below).
Email cover letter/statement of interest and resume to Ana Jimenez at firstname.lastname@example.org