Volunteer! - Get out the vote in your area, organize with a local league, get election protection training and more.
Registering to Vote and Getting to the Polls
- Register to Vote
- GoVote.org - One-stop voter info like where to go and what to bring.
- Verify your Registration - Get an absentee ballot and find your polling location (Vote for Change)
- State by State Poll Locator (League of Women Voters Education Fund)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Registering to Vote (Declare Yourself)
- Voter Registration Guides - Voter registration rules for all states (National Campaign for Fair Elections).
- General Election Voter Registration Deadlines by State (Rock the Vote)
theballot.org -- Voter Guides - Find a voter guide for your area, or create your own guide that other people can use (League of Young Voters).
Voting Rights / Voter Support
- 1-866-OUR-VOTE (English) 1-888-Ve-Y-Vota (Spanish) Get your questions answered about voter registration, find your polling place and report voting problems. (866OurVote.org)
- 1-866-MYVOTE1 Find your polling place, report voter problems and get connected with election officials. (InfoVoter)
- Voting Checklist (Brennan Center for Justice and Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights Under Law)
- Student Voting Rights - State-by-state clickable map that explains student voter registration rules (Brennan Center or Justice).
- Student Voting Rights - Michigan - FAQ regarding student voter reg in MI (Fair Elections Legal Network)
- www.respecttheyouthvote.com - Centralized information on student voting rights (College Democrats of America)
- Go Vote Absentee - Get an absentee ballot from any state (GoVoteAbsentee.org).
- Long Distance Voter - Everything you need to register to vote and vote absentee
- Overseas Voter Foundation - Overseas and Military Voters
- American Blackout - Presents the issues surrounding voter disenfranchisement and voting machines in the 2000 and 2004 elections, while chronicling past campaigns of former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. Trailer
- Uncounted - Demonstrates the disregard for the right to vote through the flaws of electronic voting machines, and how it threatens the outcome of the 2008 elections. Trailer
- Stealing America - An overview of voter disenfrachisement, especially among low-income people and people of color. Electronic voting machines make mass voter fraud more possible than ever. Trailer
- Election Day - A panorama of ordinary citizens nationwide collectively exercising the most fundamental right of democracy--the right to vote. Watching them selfessly set aside the burdens of their daily lives to participate in the democratic process is truly inspiring. Trailer
- Generation We - All of the research that went into this book about the social and political attitudes of the "Millenial generation" was released "open source" on the web.
[suggest a resource]